To prevent a rodent infestation, it’s crucial to deny them access into your property in the first place. Rodent exclusion is the key to rat-proofing your home or business. This involves identifying and sealing the areas through which rats or mice may make their way inside. It also means reducing the attractants in and outside your property that may draw their activity. At Rentokil, we focus on prevention as the key to our pest control services. We’ve shared the top ways you can effectively keep rodents out of your home in Las Vegas Nevada all year long.
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
8 Rodent Prevention Tips For Homes and Businesses
When it comes to preventing rodents, it’s important to understand how they got inside in the first place. From there, it’s important to limit access to these areas. Rat proofing your home or business can be done in the following ways:
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home, including areas where utilities and pipes enter the home, using caulk, steel wool, expanding-foam insulation, or another product.
- Practice food safety. When possible, food should be stored in plastic or metal containers. Regularly clean under stoves, refrigerators and cupboards.
- Avoid extra moisture in your basements, attics, and crawl spaces and always keep them clean.
- Keep your yard tidy. Trim tree branches back from the house and where possible avoid plants growing up the sides of your property. Vines, shrubs or overhanging branches can be used for mice to get onto roofs.
- Place screens over vents and chimney openings. Repair damaged screens on doors and windows.
- Protect your eaves. Promptly fix any damaged roofing and use wire mesh to seal gaps in your eaves.
- Remove firewood and clutter. Stacks of firewood right up against your house or building is a perfect place for rodents to hide and then get easy access to walls and to make their way in.
- Check your doors. Make sure that all doors (including garage doors) go all the way to the ground with door sweeps.
Professional Rat Proofing Services
Like any other pests, rats and mice are compelled to get indoors in search of food and shelter. They can squeeze through the smallest of openings. Even if you think you’ve sealed off your property entirely, there still may be some pressure points. A professional rodent expert can fully inspect your property to locate spots where rats and mice may be getting in. With decades of experience, the Rentokil team can provide you with long-lasting rat and mouse prevention.Back to Rodent Exterminators – Rat & Mice Exterminators
Keep Rodents Out of Your Home in Las Vegas NV
Serving Las Vegas - Henderson Metro Area