Mosquitoes are out day and night in Las Vegas, Nevada. During the day, you may want to consider staying indoors in the air conditioning, and at night, the weather is perfect for backyard BBQs and sitting outside on the patio with family and friends. And, unless your backyard is screened in, you’ll need some serious mosquito protection in the evenings!
Getting rid of mosquitoes
If you’re tired of swatting away at mosquitoes, follow these tips to control mosquitoes in your yard.
- Eliminate standing water: Mosquitoes breed in water, so you’ll want to inspect your yard and eliminate all mosquito breeding grounds.
- Remove planters, buckets, bowls, or basins containing standing water in your yard. When it rains, these collect water and become very attractive to mosquitoes.
- If you have standing water features such as a pond, pool, or birdbath, consider bacterial solutions.
- Plant natural mosquito repellents: Consider planting decorative shrubs that also act as mosquito repellents.
- Mosquitoes dislike rosemary, citronella, and marigolds. All of these plants are beautiful and act as natural mosquito repellents. Plant them in damp areas in your yard and/or near your patio.
- Get the air moving: Mosquitoes have a serious aversion to wind and breezes. They are attracted to areas with stagnant air, so adding your own breeze will help keep them away.
- If you have a covered patio, consider installing a ceiling fan to help repel mosquitoes.
- Use an outdoor standing fan to move air around while outside.
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
What doesn’t work for mosquito prevention
- Most bug sprays may keep mosquitoes at arms-length for a while, but the odor and greasy residue aren’t always ideal.
- Citronella candles can only work in a limited radius.
- Mass-spraying chemicals throughout your entire backyard may work in the short term–until it rains! Depending on the ingredients, the dangers of pesticides can outweigh the benefits.
Thankfully, there are more effective solutions to address mosquitoes than bug spray or ineffective candles.
Get rid of mosquitoes for good in Las Vegas
While these DIY prevention tips will work for a little while, Rentokil specialists can treat your backyard so that you can enjoy the outdoors at all times of the day without having to worry about mosquitoes. Our solutions reduce the populations of mosquitoes and prevent mosquito reproduction. They are fast-acting, long-lasting, and odor-free.
The first step is to contact your local Rentokil office and speak to one of our specialists. We’ll do a property inspection and provide you with the treatment recommendations to get rid of mosquitoes and to prevent them from returning.
Call Rentokil today for more advice on how to get rid of mosquitoes and for professional treatment.Back to Mosquito Exterminators – Control – Removal
Preventing Mosquitoes in Your Yard in Las Vegas NV
Serving Las Vegas - Henderson Metro Area