Are you constantly swatting at mosquitoes or do they leave you alone? Mosquitoes are more attracted to some people than others, and regardless of whether or not you’re prone to getting bit, it’s important to learn about mosquito bite prevention and treatment. A bite from a mosquito can cause irritation and inflammation, and while rare, mosquito bites are known for transmitting a number of dangerous and deadly diseases worldwide.
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Mosquito bite prevention tips
When it comes to avoiding mosquito bites and the health risks associated with them, Rentokil recommends taking the following mosquito bite prevention tips:
- Avoid outdoor activities during dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active.
- Eliminate sources of standing water in your yard that may attract mosquitoes.
- When spending time outdoors, wear long-sleeve shirts and pants.
- Apply an EPA-registered insect repellent to exposed skin and clothes. Always talk to your pediatrician before use on children.
Best mosquito bite treatments
Mosquito bites rarely cause serious symptoms, but it’s still important to learn about mosquito bite treatment options. In most cases, you can treat mosquito bites right at home:
- Clean the wound – this is the most important step for treating a mosquito bite.
- Use an ice pack – swelling can be reduced after a bite by covering it with an ice pack (never hold ice directly on the skin).
- Take antihistamines – itchiness and swelling can be relieved with antihistamine creams for bites and stings. An oral antihistamine can also help especially if you experience multiple bites.
- Do not scratch – avoid scratching as this will increase the itch and could lead to the bite becoming infected by bacteria.
- In the rare case you develop any unexpected symptoms or if it appears you’re suffering from an infection, always consult a medical professional.
Professional mosquito prevention in Las Vegas, Nevada
Although mosquito-borne illnesses are not common in the area, it’s vital to learn about mosquito bite treatment and prevention. You don’t want to worry about being bitten when you walk out into your yard, which is why it’s important to prevent these insects from invading your property.
At Rentokil, our mosquito exterminators can help protect your property from these blood-sucking insects and keep you and your family safe. Call us today to learn more about our mosquito extermination!Back to Mosquito Exterminators – Control – Removal
Mosquito Bite Prevention and Treatment in Las Vegas NV
Serving Las Vegas - Henderson Metro Area