If you have pets, the thought of them having fleas may be worrisome. These parasites feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals, and they can easily become a problem in your home–biting your pets and yourself.
If you’ve had a flea problem before, you know how stressful it can be. Eliminating a flea infestation is no easy task and this is why it’s important to know how to prevent an infestation in the first place.
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
The Importance of Flea Control
Fleas are not just a nuisance, they can be dangerous. In addition to leaving itchy welts, they can also transmit various diseases including:
- Lyme disease
- Anemia and iron deficiencies
If not caught early enough, some of these diseases can lead to serious consequences, even death. If you’re experiencing fever, chills, delirium, or chest pain it’s recommended you seek professional medical assistance.
Flea Control Tips
It only takes a few fleas to create a full-blown infestation. To avoid the frustration and distress that comes with flea problems, it’s important to make sure you’re aren’t creating an environment that attracts fleas. Below are some tips to help in your flea prevention efforts.
- Vacuum your carpets often and upholstery frequently and thoroughly, taking off furniture cushions when applicable
- Wash pet bedding and pet carrier often
- Keep your lawn well-trimmed and stay away from areas with overgrown grass where fleas often inhabit
- Make an appointment with your pet’s veterinarian so they can inspect your pet for fleas and provide you with flea control products to safeguard your pet
- Call your local flea control specialists like Rentokil, where flea exterminators are committed to keeping fleas out of your home all year long
When to Call a Flea Exterminator
Flea infestations typically start when a pet or pest becomes infested with fleas and then enters your home. Several pests have fleas, from opossums and raccoons to rats and squirrels. While a flea or two isn’t a reason to panic, it’s still important to contact a professional. Fleas reproduce rapidly, with a single female flea laying up to 500 eggs in her lifetime.
At Rentokil, we understand how stressful flea infestations can be. Our flea control experts will work with you to ensure your property is safeguarded against fleas year-round.
To learn more about how we can keep fleas out of your Las Vegas Nevada home or to schedule an inspection, contact us today!Back to Flea Exterminators – Control – Removal
Keeping Fleas Out of Your Home in Las Vegas NV
Serving Las Vegas - Henderson Metro Area