The discovery of a roach infestation can be a distressing realization for any property owner. As nocturnal pests, cockroach sightings typically happen at night. However, it can be easy to notice the signs of their activity during the day, making it important to learn what to keep your eye out for. These pests often dwell in kitchens, bathrooms, and basements, which is where you may notice foul odors, droppings, and other signs of their presence. Seeing even a few of the signs of cockroaches we discuss on this page signals it’s time to call your local roach exterminators at Rentokil for assistance.
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
5 Signs of Cockroaches in Las Vegas Properties
Roaches are often hidden during the day, which is why it’s crucial to know how to spot the signs they leave behind during the day. The top 5 signs of a cockroach infestation include:
- Droppings. Resembling anything from tiny pepper specks to miniature pellets, a large amount of feces is a clear indicator of a cockroach infestation.
- Foul odors. Some roach species are known to emit a musty, unpleasant odor that lingers and gets more pungent with a bigger infestation.
- Shed skins. Roach skins are often seen where cockroaches are taking up shelter. As they mature into adults, they can shed their skin 5–8 times.
- Smear marks. In areas where there is a lot of moisture, roaches will leave brown, irregular shaped smear marks on horizontal surfaces and wall-floor junctions.
- Egg capsules. Roaches lay their eggs in a capsule. These capsules can be segmented and carry up to 30 tiny nymph roaches.
Where Do Cockroach Infestations Happen?
Different roach species dwell in different areas of the home or business. For the most part, they prefer dark and damp areas of a property. Under sinks, in the walls, and behind appliances are just a few of their typical shelters. As nocturnal insects, they are known to scatter when you flip on a light. This is helpful in determining where they are hiding if you are able to track their movement. Cockroaches are not picky and will feed on a variety of items they are surrounded with. This includes garbage, wallpaper paste, bookbinding materials, and other organic items.
What to Do When You Spot the Signs of a Cockroach Infestation
If you spot a single cockroach, it’s often bad news there are many more hidden nearby. As soon as you spot one—or if you are starting to notice the signs of roaches—contact the cockroach control experts at Rentokil. Our team will conduct a thorough inspection of your property to determine where the roaches are and what may be the source of the cockroach infestation. Contact us today to learn more.Back to Cockroach Exterminators – Control – Removal
Signs of a Cockroach Infestation in Las Vegas NV
Serving Las Vegas - Henderson Metro Area