Pest problems in Las Vegas are at their highest in the fall, but what happens to these pests when the weather cools down? The number of infestations in the autumn months can skyrocket as pests try to find a place to overwinter, which is why the time to protect your home is now! To keep pests and insects out of your home this fall and winter, read on to learn some of Rentokil’s top tips for preventing fall pests in your home.
Common Pests in the Fall
Summer temperatures bring about many types of insects and pests. Cooling temperatures will cause a population decrease in some pests, but some will appear more often than ever as they seek out homes for shelter and resources. In Las Vegas, some of the pests you’ll see in the fall include:
- Ants: Cooler weather may cause ants to move their trails indoors.
- Rodents: Mice and rats are known to seek out warm places for shelter throughout the winter.
- Flies: Several types of flies will seek out heat as the weather changes.
- Stink bugs: This odorous bug is infamous for seeking out homes to invade before the winter.
Protecting Your Home from Fall Pests
The best way you can avoid an infestation inside your home is by making sure it’s safeguarded against them! There are a number of ways you can protect your property:
- Keep a tidy home both indoors and outdoors. Remove all debris from around the property, clean up messes, and keep food and trash cans sealed.
- Repair damaged screens and seal any cracks or crevices around your property. Double-check to make sure your roof does not contain cracks.
- Avoid moisture issues by promptly fixing any leaky pipes or faucets, and maintaining a normal humidity level inside your home.
Prevent Fall Pest Problems in Las Vegas
By getting rid of the opportunities that allow pests indoors, you can lessen the chance of getting an infestation. Pest-proofing your home is one of the top methods of pest control, and the team at Rentokil can help protect you from ever dealing with a pest invasion. To learn more about how we can help keep your home pest-free all fall, give us a call!
Preventing Fall Pests in Your Home in Las Vegas NV
Serving Las Vegas - Henderson Metro Area