Without bird-proofing your home, you may unintentionally invite birds to take up residence on your property. Preventing birds from roosting around your home can be a chore, and more involved than when you pest-proof your home from smaller pests. Although many people enjoy the sight and sounds of birds, unfortunately, birds can cause significant damage to your property. Certain bird species carry a number of diseases that can be transmitted through their droppings, which is why it’s important to know how to bird-proof your home if you suspect a bird issue.
At Rentokil – Las Vegas, our team provides bird-proofing services to help keep you safe from the damage caused by birds.
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Bird Proofing Techniques
Around your home, birds will nest in a variety of areas including roofs, gutters, eaves, vents, and gutters. In severe cases, they have created entrances in roofs and accessed attics. Bird droppings can be even more of an issue—not only are they unsightly, but they can also pose a serious health risk. Some of the most common bird-proofing tactics include:
- Bird spikes – When placed strategically, these limit the areas where birds can land and comfortably nest. They do not harm birds.
- Netting – Nets can be placed around HVAC units, commercial and residential rooflines, and fruit trees, to prevent birds from accessing and building nests.
- Electric deterrents – Often used with bird spikes, electric deterrents are placed on flat surfaces that will deliver an electric shock, causing discomfort and encouraging birds to move elsewhere.
- Avian Block™ – Avian Block™ is the perfect solution for covered, semi-closed areas, like your outdoor patio. Made for light to moderate bird activity, it will help prevent birds from nesting on your property for up to three months in areas not directly exposed to the elements.
- Bird-Out™ – Bird-Out™ is the perfect solution to get rid of birds around your pool, boat dock, play area, deck, or pergola, and also in public areas like sports courts or parking pads. It is weather-resistant and provides protection from birds for up to 60 days.
How to Deter Birds From Your Home
The main way to prevent birds from nesting around your home is to make your property a place where birds will not want to nest. While every home is different, there are several steps you can take regardless of where you live.
- Remove access points – Seal up small holes or openings to prevent birds from nesting, and add deterrents to ledges, window sills, and eaves to force them to land somewhere else.
- Remove food sources – Eliminate bird feeders and keep trash areas clean. Your trash cans should be clean, kept away from structures, and have tight-fitting lids.
- Maintain landscaping – Keep lawns, shrubs, and trees well maintained and trimmed, and eliminate potential vegetation and debris to prevent potential nesting locations.
Professional Bird Proofing Services in Las Vegas
Birds can be impossible to control without the help of an expert. Additionally, there are a number of laws and regulations that most people are not aware of, which protect certain species of birds and outlaw certain activities. For these reasons, it’s always best to call a professional pest control company with experience in bird removal and exclusion services. At Rentokil we have the knowledge and resources to not only control any active bird activity in your home, but we will also implement bird-proof tactics to keep them from coming back.Back to Bird Removal
Bird Proofing Your Home in Las Vegas NV
Serving Las Vegas - Henderson Metro Area