The thought of having bed bugs can send anyone into a panic. To avoid the frustration of dealing with a bed bug infestation, it’s vital to learn how to protect your property and family from bed bugs year-round. Any home or commercial building in the Las Vegas Henderson Metro area can be susceptible to bed bugs. Fortunately, there are several actions you can take to prevent bed bugs.
Keep reading for Rentokil’s top tips to keep bed bugs out of your home or business.
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Keeping Bed Bugs Out in 6 Steps
In addition to keeping a clean home, there are several preventative solutions to deter the risk of getting a bed bug infestation:
- Recognize the signs of bed bugs. Bed bugs leave behind dark fecal specks on mattresses, upholstery, and fabric. They also deposit pale-yellow shell casings and white, sticky eggs. Bed bug bites are usually red, itchy, and appear in rows or zigzags.
- Be cautious when purchasing used items. Transporting used goods and furniture into your home is a sure way to get bed bugs. Thoroughly inspect any used item before bringing it inside your home.
- Cover power outlets. Electrical power outlets are ideal hiding spots for bed bugs. Cover the outlets with a simple outlet plug to keep them away.
- Use vacuum-sealed bags. Vacuum-sealed bags provide a barrier between your clothing and bed bugs looking for a place to reside.
- Cover your mattress with mattress protectors. By covering your mattress with a protector, you can prevent tears or holes, and keep out bed bugs.
- Exercise caution while traveling. Bed bug infestations can start when the bugs are unintentionally brought home from a trip due to infested hotels or luggage.
Long-Term Bed Bug Prevention
It can be upsetting to find out you have a bed bug infestation, and you’ll probably want to know how the problem originally started. Unfortunately, bed bugs spread faster than you think. They travel quickly, so as soon as you become aware of the signs of an infestation, it is recommended to contact your local bed bug exterminators for an inspection. By being vigilant and observant, you can prevent a bed bug infestation!
Our Bed Bug Solution
If you’ve taken every preventative action to safeguard your home against bed bugs but you’re still noticing the signs, it’s time to call a professional bed bug exterminator. Bed bugs are tiny and resilient, spreading throughout your home easily, but Rentokil – Las Vegas can stop a bed bug infestation before it gets out of hand. For more information on our bed bug prevention and control services, call us today!Back to Bed Bug Exterminators – Control – Removal
Keeping Bed Bugs Out of Your Home in Las Vegas NV
Serving Las Vegas - Henderson Metro Area